Volume 87, June, 2013
“The Exquisite Zodiac” at www.theexquisitezodiac.com
This is WHY you need to read “The Exquisite Zodiac” – from a reader:
“I just went back and re-read The Exquisite Zodiac, specifically that section on Geminis, and something finally clicked. I can't tell you how many times and how many people have said to me "You're so smart, if only you'd apply yourself, you could be so successful." It always made me feel horrible that I wouldn't "apply myself". Then after studying that chapter in your book, it occurred to me that it is not in my nature to apply myself. I've never cared to delve into anything except maybe a pint of rainbow sherbet. It's not that I wouldn't apply myself -- it's that I COULDN'T apply myself. For anything, in any situation, I want to know what it is, how it works, how to use it, why it's here and who it affects. That's it. I don't want to dissect it. I don't want to improve on it. That's not just for tangibles. It pertains to schools of thought, religions, belief systems, etc…” - Angela
“I have purchased your book and it is the first time that astrology has truly made sense to me.” - Marcie
[It would really behoove you to read the whole book, not just the sign you are used to; it explains how it all fits together! You really can’t understand what you call your “Sun-sign” without understanding all of the others. Rick]
The Reoccurring Exacerbation of
the Uranus/Pluto Square
For two years now, we have been going through tremendous emotional swings from the Uranus/Pluto square. This document should help you to understand how this has been happening and what it means. I will try to itemize this overall construct by going over each piece.
1. Pluto (at home plate) has been in the sign of Capricorn since January of 2008. This BY FAR is the most important element to this whole discussion. It has been written about for years. You can learn much more about this tumultuous and revolutionary time at Starself’s previous articles located at the bottom of this page: http://www.starself.com/articlesnews.html Pluto in Capricorn, ruler of our forms, (old and obsolete forms) governments, laws, structures and the planet itself has been breaking down old systems, especially corrupt or weak ones, in hopes of going through a rebirth. There is so much that can be said that basically, Pluto is going to be heavily in our lives in the sign of Capricorn until the year, 2023. But, for today’s purposes, we’ll talk about the next two years as it goes back and forth creating tension with the powerful transit of Uranus in Aries (at first base). Right angles create great stress in astrology.
2. Uranus in Aries at first base. Revolutionary Uranus in adventurous Aries brought us the Arab Spring, Tea-Party, Occupy and many, many other movements. Even the growing number of “preppers.” It is impatient, insistent, and wants what it wants and is not always “sensible”. It symbolizes personal freedom and releasing ourselves from any and all “stuckness.” Uranus enters Aries every 84 years, a new zodiac; THE beginning of a new age, yes. Again, we are focusing on this present period of Uranus squaring (making a right angle to) Pluto, which is quite volatile as well as exciting and overflowing with inventive surprises! We cannot hold back this critical evolutionary changes.
3. While Pluto is going back and forth close to home plate and Uranus is doing the same at first base in the sign of Aries, one might envision a tight guitar string strung between HOME and FIRST. Sometimes it slackens, and at other times, it really tightens. Needless to say, these two explosive planets are much more volatile when the string is tighter (caused by closeness of zodiacal orb.) The exact square will happen 7 times over these 2 or 3 years. The last one, the third, was this past May 20th. The next four will be: 11/1/13, 4/21/14, 12/15/14 and finally, 3/16/15. During these exact squares, the energy is much like a very big truck passing by your living room’s picture window. As it gets closer, things start to rumble. When it is at its apex, the window and pane rattle vigorously – that is harmonic. Don’t be confused: at other times, even though the square is not as tight, things can still be very tense. This is what is symbolizing the great chasm in the American politic now, as well as all over the globe. And with Uranus’ shadow side, it’s why it’s been so irrational much of the time.
4. Pluto square Uranus, what does it mean? In 1965, Pluto and Uranus conjuncted in October in the “mild” sign of Virgo. Pluto intends to bring about new standards that are more humane; Uranus wants revolution of the old and stale in order to replace it with the new, more suitable to the collective needs. Since these two volcanic archetypes were operating out of the somewhat controlled sign of Virgo, Virgo President Lyndon Johnson had much to do (was a channel for) great strides in social change. During this period which basically lasted all through the sixties, we saw new manifestations of: Civil Right, Woman’s Rights, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
A new promise was made to take care of our own.
This is closely examined in my new video on YouTube:
5. During this period, THE PROMISE has been tested, and the results are rather obvious with fighting galore on both “sides.” Even though there are no “sides” or sides we can afford! One way of looking at this is that the Pluto placement represents the Plutocrats, or the Big $$$ forces that control the planet and most of our congress. Wow, what a surprise! Uranus, on the other hand, represents the collective of individual people working together both by bringing out the true individual seeds from within us as well as working together as a powerful unit. It’s literally fighting back against bullying, rape in the armed forces, corruption in the Higher Court, congress, practices at Monsanto, (Pluto), and so on. The list is pathetically long and endangers our very survival (Pluto) on earth. The living Earth is showing tremendous signs of this disharmony. And THE EARTH IS NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH IT.
6. Now, ANYTIME any transiting planet, Full Moon, New Moon or Eclipse GETS TO ANY ONE OF THE BASES, it triggers this Uranus/Pluto “guitar string tension”. Sproing! Second base would be where the sign of Cancer is and Libra is our third baseman. Any planet, even tip-toeing around the bases, keeps adding to the tensions between Pluto and Uranus. It’s like you are in a really tense mood, and someone comes up to you and says, “XYZ”! It really doesn’t matter what they say - it’s just one more thing you have to deal with! IF Uranus and Pluto did a better job, OUR Uranus and Pluto within the Collective, the whole matter would be less tense. But, you saw what it did to the collective in the 60’s. I recall my High School principal just giving up; he couldn’t hold back the tide of personal expression and use an old shoe-horn to shove us back into the repressed 50’s any longer. And then, there was Hendrix, The Beatles and Dylan. He had no chance. (Against the Uranus/Pluto archetypal power!) You could feel it!
7. The reason I am writing this now is that between June 6 and June 12, we’re going to see “mild-mannered” Mercury, Moon and Venus make their way one-by-one to second base and OPPOSE Pluto at home plate; creating a “T-square” full of pressure towards Uranus in Aries. This puts extraordinary pressure on the release valve, Uranus. And, Uranus doesn’t need any push or prompting, especially in the fiery-ready-to-go sign of Aries. So any planet crossing second base (in the sign of Cancer) will set off this major T-square. This is WHY we’ve been having periods of calm only to have periods of upset, then periods of laying off, then it spikes once again. It’s been a very unusually tense period as Uranus and Pluto are, for all effects, remaining tense and static in those fixed positions! You see, Uranus takes 7 years to go through a sign and Pluto, anywhere from 13 to 30! We are lucky because in this case, Pluto will only spend about 15 years in Capricorn, all due to its elliptical orbit. And this will go on and on all throughout the next two years. The more you solve the symbolic problems in your life, the less tense and threatening it will be.
8. This is why outstanding problems that you just can’t seem to settle, since 2008, keep rearing their heads back up, demanding a solution. During this next week, it’s “hitting the fan” again. This will continue for 2 years; then Uranus will speed past Pluto through middle and late Aries and the tension will lessen greatly. Simply put, if you have been earnestly trying to liberate yourselves from your own obstacles, look for these two major archetypes to help you – things will open up for you and suddenly – out of nowhere! On the other hand, if you are digging your head deeper into the sand, you probably will be experiencing almost unbearable tension until “something” gives – or cracks - literally. I really do think it will be extremely favorable for most people – very liberating, but, it won’t be effortless. You have to get in the boat and let go. That’s the prerequisite.
list of dates and planets are when we’ll see specific activity, each will
take on a flavor of the planet’s nature transiting at second base.
June 6-9 Mercury – will have a heavy mental effect
June 9-10 Moon and Venus – great impacts on your emotional life, especially in relationships
June 11-12 Venus – main focus will be on relationships and finances
June 30-31 Sun – This one will have a lot to do with “who you are”, your identity
July 27-28 MARS – This is the BIG ONE. War will most likely break out – in many ways. It is critical at this time that you approach this period with great caution. WHY? Well, Mars is opposite Pluto making the right-angle to Uranus – that’s why. All three planets combine to make fireworks. As always, the way to deal with any Mars transit is to assert yourself so that you’re not being walked on, but be careful not to be overly aggressive or underestimate your opponents. Act – that’s how you win with Mars. Mars insists upon action to break free of the tedium.
10. When any planet gets to THIRD BASE, the T-square shifts, and the outlet pressure goes to PLUTO at home plate! Third base opposing first base Uranus makes the pressure release at home plate. This is WHY we keep having T-squares to both Uranus and Pluto. This is “causing” the general feeling of walking through an emotional minefield for the past few years. Actually, it’s not the planets and never is. It’s the lack of integration of the race and each of our contributions to the overall collective mind. The “exterior” always reflects the “interior.”
As with all of these transits, it’s really pretty simple. It’s how you deal with them: if you try to do the best you can to break old habits and move on with your life courageously, the planets will assist you. You won’t even believe how beneficial and supportive they can be!
If you continue to stay in a bad relationship of any kind or work situation, negating yourself: look out. You already knew that anyway, and your friends have been trying to tell you, right? More stress is likely to pile up at your door. It’s really your choice. Uranus and Pluto represent forces INSIDE OF YOU what want released. See more about this at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njWIGJMbJ1c
If you want out, you have to walk through the doorway.
Best of luck to all of you!
May the planets be with you as you find your Starself!” - Rick
For information on consultations and more, please visit my website: www.starself.com
2013 Rick DiClemente - www.starself.com © -
All rights reserved
Author of “The Exquisite Zodiac”
If it is Spiritual,
if it is Holistic, if it is in Pittsburgh...